Sunday, 4 January 2009

365 Day Journal

I've been watching plenty of talk about 365 photos, journaling and art diaries for a while and finally catching the 1st day of the year and actually thinking about it - I've made a start with a
3D ring Album using 8x8 pages - more managable for scrapping a page a day. Nothing too fancy and certainly keeping each page fairly flat avoiding the lumpy-bumpy to fit in as many days in the album as possible - 15 pages for each month using each side. I'm sure there will be days I'll miss (due to my forgetfulness!!) as the year passes, but my New Years Resolution is to journal each page every day. I'm finding with the 3 pages already done - being 8x8 - it doesnt take long and certainly far from masterpieces - but thats not its purpose. Every photo scrapped will be a moment, part of my day or perhaps a thought - who knows.....but here's my start:
We stayed at friends place for New Years Eve and this little wheelbarrow retired to the garden, was once used in one of my productions 'The Secret Garden' for the gardener 'Ben'. Seeing it again, brought back special memories! After being away for Christmas and New Years - I was dying to scrap - so on this day - its all I did (among a little unpacking)!
My garden is starting to look lovely for Summer, so here's me and my green wheelbarrow (what is it about wheelbarrows!!) Its old, and has rust holes....and we do have a new bright blue one, but its uncomfortable looking! Does that make sense?? lol. I'm so affected by what I see!
FOR BUSY PEOPLE/BUSY TIMES: here's a little solution :
How about taking a photo a day when you can no matter how significant/insignifcant - print it out, write on the back of it, date it then..... punch a couple of holes and pop it into some sort of flip thingy ?? I may do this myself in my album when time gets away from me!!!
One of the things I am soooooo grateful for is that my Granny (who passed away 20 something years ago) wrote on the back of every photo!!
WHAT a legacy! (this is my fav pic of her - she was always picking mint!)
In her descriptions on the backs of photos she at times called herself a 'rumon' and said things like 'I'm frowning awful' and 'Did you notice my poor dead potplant!'
Does that rummage up some motivation??? :D

10 comments:

The Tucker's and Wolek's said...

These are STUNNING Mandy!!! ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! U sooooooooooo inspire me! :):):):):):):):):):)

jacque4u2c said...

Yes, that does! What an awesome tip - THANKS! Love your pages - they are great!

toni m said...

Wow Mandy, your blog is just amazing!!!! I'll make sure I visit regularly to check out your 365 album :)

Peggy said...

You won't believe this, but I just signed up at my place at scrapbook.com committing myself to a 365 project, so I'm so thankful for your post here, I sure could use the inspiration. I was actually thinking about doing regular 12x12 double LO's for one week, I'm thinking doing one page a day might make the album too big ... however, seeing your pages, you've got me doubting my decision, yours look so pretty, and so much more detail can be added your way ... I'll have to think about this some more ... How are you planning on solving this problem of having 365 in one album, I don't think they will fit in one binder???
xxx Peggy

mandysea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mandysea said...

Peggy, I've left a message on your blog....hope it helps!

ps: and its great you are having a go! (big smile)

ScrapManda said...

Ok - you've motivated me too Mandy! But I'm going to go for weekly rather than daily! Maybe 2010 I'll be ready for 365! Lovin' your "days" already!

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Hi Mandy! Your blog is fabulous! I love your 365 day journal already! I'm doing a photo-a-day too and loving it!

Jenneke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

This looks great, but I don't know if I will be able to do a 365 day project. Maybe I might think of it next year. It would be a nice souvenir, especially when you look at it later and for the kids.
Nice idea, I'll keep it in mind for next year.