Saturday, 31 January 2009

29th & 30th JANUARY JOURNAL PAGES

I've really been busy with DT samples that I can't reveal yet - soooooo no LO's to show at the moment! But soon there will be heaps! However, here are my last two days of journal entries. I'm really loving dipping into my scraps box! Its great to move some of this stuff! You know we ALL have it!! LOL. Yes, I refuse to cut into new anything for this Journal!

I managed to capture the girls walking home when I sent them on a errand to the post some letters. Gee I totally love this photo of Hannah caught here in front of the fan - she was sitting to the end of the kitchen table covering her school books - school starts the new year on 10th February here. Its one of those photos when she just looked up - and click! I think I might scrap this into a 12x12 yet?? Yesteday my Daisy D's 'Modern Romance' and 'Chloe Marie' arrived from Scrap Therapy - I've got to tell you - I know they have been around for a while - and I know that Daisy D isnt producing anymore....but I sooooo wanted a heap of it - its the epitome of vintage/shabby chic!!! I'm pretty much disappointed in CHA this year - the brands havent really produced for the shabby/vintage scrapper in general across the brands with the exception of Prima and a couple of brands who have dipped in a line here and there - I think the funky and brights scrappers will be very very happy - and there are many who's work I admire!! Speaking to a couple of my scrappy friends yesterday - totally agreed. I was sooo looking forward to K&Co after 'Blue Awning' - but no - I just felt luke warm about their stuff as with Making Memories, My Little Yellow Bicycle and Creative Imaginations - from a shabby perspective.

There are brands copying other brands and so many I've seen before. Fancy Pants totally confused me when it took a Sassafras Lass look! (even though it looks great) At least I wont be agonising over what to buy when its all released into shops - but I think the funky and brights scrappers might! They will be in heaven!

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I agree with the Fancy Pants looking a bit like SL. Although I do like the look of the kraft paper line.. I've been using kraft paper a lot as a base... I will wait to see it in person before I give my final verdict... your journal pages are really cool. do you make a page a day?

Julie said...

Loving these pages mandy.

Elisa P. said...

great LO !!!love the first one

Gladie said...

I'm so happy there are hasn't been any "must have" releases for quite a time - my Visa is calm and it feels good to use some of the old stuff too ;) Love your pages - it seems you can make beautiful art out of anything :)