Monday, 8 December 2008

OLW - Miracle-YAY IT MADE THE FAVOURITES LIST!!!

This was just the inspiration to record how 'Blackie' came into our family. He was feral, he had been abused, and even eight years later there is only one person he trusts...... me. The only time he will climb into my lap is when I'm on the computer. He knows when I'm sick and he knows when I need a cuddle. He's lost many of his nine lives. I doubt if he has any left. It was Christmas morning of 2000 when we were unwrapping presents that a faint 'meow' could be heard. The night before dh had nailed the last plank down of our new back veranda......and this tiny skinny little black cat had been stuck underneath. He was so lucky we heard him as that afternoon we were leaving to go away on holiday and he would have surely perished horribly. We let him out, I fed him, (much to dh disgust!) and when we returned off holidays, he was still there, still skinny - he adopted me. It took him 18months before he would jump up onto my lap and it took 2-3yrs before he trusted me. The re-education of a feral cat takes patience and years. We have an extraordinary relationship that I doubt I'd ever have from a domesticated cat.

5 comments:

AlexM said...

Beautiful work! Love the background and the red title. Thanks for being so faithfl to STM!

Meka said...

What a beautiful story. That's a very lucky cat to have someone with your heart to take him in. Good choice for this week's OLW. I also like how you used the lines of the background for your journaling.

Julie said...

Wowser Missy Mnady what stunning pages totally love them all.

Lynn said...

awesome layout!!!!

Shimano (aka Christine) said...

Great LO, love your story, as you know we too adopted a feral cat and yes it does take time for them to adjust to a home. We have had ours for nearly a year now and she still has her moments of distrust.