Thursday, 9 October 2008

SCRAPPIN THE MUSIC #56

This week's song is 'The Tide Is High" by 'BLONDIE'. These photos could have been more fab than this - if only I kept the shutter going!! I could KICK myself, but my reaction was to freeze and get ready for a 'flight or fight' situation - which didnt need to happen! In a nutshell dh and Hannah walked along the pier at Rye, reaching the end they peered over the edge and as you can see - the pier was completely dry - I was photographing them - then suddenly from NO-WHERE a freak wave rose up - I froze, they threw their arms up and quickly turned and rushed away from it AND I MISSED THE MOMENT that COULD have been one of THOSE shots!!!!!!! And as you can see - I did get photograph them the following moment - brushing of the water from their clothes! Click to enlarge photo. Yes the tide was high! (and rough)

8 comments:

Julie said...

This is just great Mandy. Love it and the story behind it too. Thanks for playing along.

Val gal said...

oh my goodness how perfect are these photos for this song?! Awesome.

Kristii said...

Don't ya just hate that!! The photos are great anyway and the layout is perfect for this song!! Thanks for playing along at STM!!

Leanne said...

Great job Mandy! I love what you have done here.

Barbara said...

We alway do miss the shots we want the most dont we!!!
Great layout! Perfect for this song.
Thanks for playing!

Scrapping The Music said...

Love all the textures and the design totally ROCKS! Thanks for playing along!!!

Laura Fiore said...

WOW--this is beautiful! Love the peaceful colors on it! Thanks for taking our challenge!

AlexM said...

Gorgeous! Love all the details! Thanks for participating.